Download a copy of the Fair Insurance Code.
Download the Code
Fair Insurance Code
The Fair Insurance Code is a code of conduct developed by ICNZ, which sets out the standard of service member companies must provide to their customers. These obligations are in addition to those imposed by the law.
The Fair Insurance Code
- applies to all ICNZ members companies
- applies to general insurance products, not health or life insurance products
- describes what level of service you can expect from your first contact with your insurer
- describes the responsibilities that you and your insurer have to each other
- provides information on claims and complaints procedures, and
- details how the Code is administered, and where you can turn to for more help.