About the Scholarship
The ICNZ and ANZIIF Scholarship recognises and supports the professional growth and development of young insurance industry practitioners living and working in New Zealand. The scholarship aims to:
- recognise outstanding insurance professionals who demonstrate their potential to be insurance industry leaders
- build and strengthen insurance industry capability in the New Zealand market
- provide the opportunity for an outstanding individual to experience a personal and professional development opportunity and to grow his or her profile
- provide scholarship award recipients with an opportunity to act as ambassadors for the company they represent and their local insurance market.
A prize of NZ $10,000 will be awarded to a professional employed by a member of ICNZ to attend an international conference or seminar programme which will provide an excellent insurance industry or leadership-based development opportunity.
The Submission Process
ANZIIF will manage and administer the scholarship submissions and the judging process.
Essay of 2,500 words
Scholarship applicants must submit a 2,500 word essay along with required supporting documentation.
The 2017 essay topic is:
Technology and regulation are changing our competitive landscape and leading insurers and brokers to evaluate their business strategy at a fundamental level. An example of this is the increased use of partnering, outsourcing and offshoring as a means to maintain and grow market presence.
– How do you see these developments impacting the customer experience and shaping tomorrow’s insurance industry?
– What do you think the benefits are for insurers and brokers of this phenomenon, and what do you see as the risks that need to be managed?
Expert judging panel
A distinguished judging panel will assess the scholarship essay submissions and each candidate’s statements. The panel will decide on the overall winner of the scholarship competition based on a set of criteria and its decision will be final.
The scholarship winner will need to put forward a proposal regarding the industry leadership seminar or conference he/she wishes to attend. This proposal must meet set criteria. A report on the outcomes of this development opportunity will be considered for publication in the ANZIIF Journal.
Information and application form for the 2016 scholarship is available here.